Home > Golf > Clubs > Putters > Acer i-Sight Santa Cruz Long Putter
Click here to go back
60150038 - Acer i-Sight Santa Cruz Long Putter
Condition: New. Warranty: 1 year. $49.99
Advantages of using a long putter / broomstick / neck putter - Acer i-Sight Santa Cruz broomstick long putter - Also disadvantages of using a long putter
Acer i-Sight Santa Cruz Long Putter
Also called neck putter or broomstick putter - With two piece grip
and 50" shaft
|Long Putter /
||Two piece black putter grip
- Available in both left hand and right hand versions
- If you want the length customized, just let us know. There is no charge
for changing length.
Winn 21-inch Putter Grip Red/Black
A 21-inch pistol shaped putter grip with a flat
top. Made of Winnís Excel material.
Winn 2 piece Putter Grip Black/Mahogany
A two-piece putter grip made of Winnís Excel
Recent wins by Adam Scott and Web Simpson on the PGA tour and continuous wins
and high finishes by Bernhard Langer on the Senior tour are making more and more
people notice long putters. Long Putters have been around for a while but when a
unique club type gets some victories under its belt, regular weekend golfers
also take notice. More and more people are now buying long putters also
called broomstick putters or neck putters.
What are the advantages of long putters?
- Less moving body parts - one arm instead of two.
- Long putters restrict wrist hinge by anchoring the putter to a fixed point
-- your sternum. .
Increased wrist action leads to a loss of control of the putterhead just before impact.
Result - a true pendulum stroke.
- Eliminates twitching at impact.
- The pendulum like stroke of long putters is smoother and more
consistent than the stroke required for a regular length putter.
- Deadly accurate on short putts.
- Long putters are also easier on the back than a regular length putter as
golfers take a more upright stance.
Disadvantages of long putters?
- Distance control on lag putting. Takes a while getting used to.
- Strong winds cause stability issues. The golfer is standing more
upright, the putter is long - the wind has a greater surface area to buffet
- People take notice so if you are the shy type and don't want to talk to
anyone, you may have a problem. Conversely, it's a good conversation
How to use a long putter?
- Hold the top of the grip with the thumb and forefinger very lightly
using your left hand.
- The base of your thumb anchors to the middle / sternum of your body.
- With your other hand, hold the putter at the lower part of the grip with
a pencil type grip for maximum sensitivity. You can also hold the shaft
between the curled index finger and middle fingers of the right hand. Both
work provided the top of the shaft ends at about the height of the logo in
line with your sternum on your shirt when you're in a slightly upright
putting stance and the putter's sole is resting on the ground. You can also
experiment with variations thereof and see what suits you best.
- Keep your eyes a little inside the ball.
- Move arms gently back and through- - no body movement -† no rocking
of the body although some suggest to rock your shoulders back and forth. But
that brings more moving parts into the stroke which is what we are trying to
avoid in the first place.
- It is important that you keep the upper body still so it can act as the
fulcrum around which the pendulum like swing moves.