Home > Storage and I/O Cards > External/Portable Hard Drives > CitiDISK DV- FW1256C - 40GB
CitiDisk DV - Firewire External Hard Drive
Click here to go back
104269 - CitiDISK DV- FW1256C - 40GB
Condition: New- Bulk Pack . Warranty:1 year .
CitiDISK DV - Firewire
|CitiDISK DV - Firewire
Quit Video Re-Capturing!
- Turn on camcorder
power and set to set camcorder to "Camera" or
mode. Press POWER button to turn on CitiDISK DV.
Connect Firewire cable (4-pin end) to DV camcoder's DV port.
Connect Firewire cable (6-pin end) to CitiDISK DV.
- Start DV streams direct recording from camcorder to CitiDISK DV by pressing
button. A RED color LED embedded inside the button of CitiDISK
starts to flash till solid RED indicating video recording is in
- Stop DV recording by pressing camcorder's "REC"
button once more. RED
color LED goes off.
- Video stream (DV format for FW1256) is
pre-named and is stored in a
pre-formatted FAT32 hard disk.
- CitiDISK DV embeds a 20GB or
80GB 2.5" laptop
shock-absorption cushion surrounding the hard disk for the maximum
hard disk drive protection.
- Disconnect Firewire cable from camcorder; re-connect it to Firewire
or 6-pin type) equipped computer, PC or Mac. CitiDISK DV appears as
external computer hard disk with DV streams inside folders.
- Start favorite video editor to cut, to paste, to add in special effect and other
functions immediately, no more re-capturing. Computer reads in the DV
12 Mbytes/sec, four times faster than capturing from
camcorder (DV is 3.6 Mbytes/sec). Saves rendered video streams into
CitiDISK DV at 12 Mbytes/sec speed, too, four times faster than saving
to Firewire tape deck.
External Firewire Hard Disk
- Use CitiDISK DV just like a regular external Firewire hard disk, while not in
recording, for file archive, backup and/or other multimedia functions.
- CitiDISK DV is fully PLUG-ANG-PLAY specification compliant, no driver needed to load
for Windows 98 SE/2000/XP, Mac OS 9.2.x, 10.x and Linux.
- Relative Humidity : 95% Maximum
- Storage Temperature : -22 to 65 Centigrade
- ESD Protection : to 6 Kilo-Voltages
- Weight : Less than one pound
Quick Erase Button and
- Single "Quick Erase" button provides instant file system cleaning
up and re-claiming full disk storage. Since "Quick Erase"
button is hard to reach, user is urged using pencil tip to press and
hold the button preventing un-purposely
- Utility programs run on both PC and Mac are also provided.
Internal Rechargeable Battery
- Embed state-of-art rechargeable Lithium based battery suitable for oen hour
and 30 minutes recording.
Re-charging power is drawn from Firewire bus
power or external power adapter.
LED indicates battery charging is in progress.. Once the battery is
fully charged, BLUE LED goes off.
- Interface : One IEEE1394A port SBP-2, Isochronous video streams
- Cable : One 6pin-4pin IEEE1394A standard included
- Sustain Device Transfer Rate : About 12 MBytes/second
- Power Consumption : Rechargeable battery
- Operating Temperature : 0 to 55 Centigrade